Why Should I Become a PSCA Member?
Professional Identity: PSCA provides school counselors with a professional identity and membership in a dynamic organization dedicated to promoting the role of school counselors.
- Online Resources: Online Members-only resources for school counselors are available for all levels of counseling: Elementary, Middle, and High School.
- E-Blasts: Members receive monthly e-blasts from the PSCA Leadership regarding current issues relevant to school counselors.
- Newsletters: PSCA publishes an informative and professionally inspiring newsletter.
- Directory: All members receive an annual Free Directory and Planning Calendar
- Conferences: PSCA members receive a reduced registration rate for Local, Regional and Annual Conferences.
- Government Relations: PSCA maintains legislative contacts in Harrisburg, and participates actively in legislative concerns pertaining to counselors and their employment settings, and maintains a significant presence at the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- "Grass-Roots" Representation: PSCA operates within an organizational structure of officers, chairpersons, and region representatives which makes available a direct line of communication for concerns of individual school counselors
- Ethics Committee: PSCA has an Ethics Committee which is charged with giving support to counselors when they become involved in situations which revolve around the unethical action and/or treatment of school counselors.