Job Description for Executive Director
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Position: Executive Director
Appointed by: Executive Committee
Term: One Year
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Pennsylvania School Counselors Association. The Executive Director reports to the Governing Board and functions under Policy Governance. While a part-time position, the Executive Director is responsible for the Association’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director evaluation is based on successful completion of the Ends Policies.
- The position reports directly to the governing board, through active communication and coordination including, but not limited to, strategic planning, resource development and training.
- With the PSCA President, serves as a spokesperson and liaison with partner professional organizations, represents PSCA at local, state and national activities, and maintains official correspondence on behalf of the Governing Board.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the PSCA standing committees and task forces, and provides recruitment, management and support towards the ongoing maintenance and vitality of the committees.
Operational planning and management
- Maintains a central office for the organization.
- Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the association.
- Maintains the supply and distribution of organizational materials .
- Maintains the archives of the organization.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Administers the overall operation of PSCA, including reasonable interpretation of ends policies and Executive Director Limitations.
Human resources planning and management
- Facilitates the continuity of the leadership of PSCA; and, ensures that all officers and committee chairs receive an orientation to the association; and that appropriate training is provided to ensure that the organization and its staff (paid and volunteer) are in compliance with legislative and legal requirements.
Financial planning and management
- Prepares an annual comprehensive budget.
- Ensures that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments.
- Operates and manages the association in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Arranges for liability insurance coverage for the organization; ensures that the Governing Board understands the terms, conditions and limitations of said coverage.
For more information about PSCA - https://www.psca-web.org/content.asp?contentid=4